Ask local experts about everything from mortgage banking and title insurance to home inspections and real estate taxes at this open house and educational forum for home buyers and sellers. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
Sample questions may include:
- How and where do I start if I want to purchase a home? What is involved in the process?
- How do I know what my credit score is and how can I improve my score?
- What things do I need to think about if I am thinking about "downsizing" from my current home?
- Are there any special programs or financing available to me?
- What is title insurance and why is it important to me?
- Do I really need a home inspection or can I save that cost?
- If I am deciding to sell, what are some of the costs and other things I need to be aware of?
- What is a home disclosure and do I need one?
- How much home can I afford?
- What are the tax advantages of buying a home or selling one?
- How are my home real estate taxes calculated? Should I escrow them or pay outright?
- What is a reverse mortgage and is it right for me? About the Presenters
Patrick Maks is a realtor with Blue Tree Realty