Home > Browse the Online Collections > Descriptions of All Databases > Sanborn Insurance Maps
Sanborn Insurance Maps
Explore Historic Landmarks
Uncover the magic of the past with historic large-scale street plans and maps for Ohio from 1882 to 1962.
- See a snapshot of your hometown as it existed in the past.
- Find old businesses or streets that no longer exist.
- Discover where your family and ancestors grew up.
Where do you call home? Discover your city in another place and time.
What You Get
- Over 40,000 very detailed maps
of Ohio cities drawn between 1882 and 1962
- Information about the construction of major
- Large-scale plans of Ohio cities and towns, created by fire insurance companies to assess risk
- Ability to zoom in on details, print portions or download
- and more...
What You Need
Unlock your access today. All you
need is your library card number, as it appears on the back of your
card. Log in.
Don't have a library card yet? Sign up now.
- HeritageQuest Online
- More about genealogy