Home > Print @ the Library
Print @ the Library
Looking to print from your laptop at the library?
- Valid Westerville Library card. (If you do not have this, ask a staff member for assistance.)
- A fine balance of less than $5.
- Money to pay for your prints. (It costs $.10 per page for black & white and $.25 per page for color.)
- Your personal laptop running on the Microsoft Windows operating system (32-bit) and with wireless capabilities.
- Note: Apple/Mac laptops are not currently compatible with our printing system.
Instructions for Installing the Printing Software
In order to print from the library's printers, you must install the print drivers on your computer. Simply follow the instructions below.
- Go to this website. (Note: If this page doesn't load, try connecting to a different wireless network. The two wireless network options you have within the library are wpl_public_access and wpl_test.)
- Click on PACKAGES.
- Choose MOBILE_BW to print in black & white or MOBILE_COLOR to print in color.
- Click RUN.
- Click RUN again.
- Click INSTALL.
- Wait while the software installs, then click the FINISH button.
Setting Your Default Printer
Once you have installed the necessary drivers, you may want to change your default printer. Usually, your default printer is the one that you primarily use for
printing. If you have a printer at home, mostly likely you will want
that printer to act as the default. If you do not wish to make any changes to your default printer, you can skip this step and move on to the SENDING YOUR PRINTS TO THE PRINTER section below.
- Go to your START MENU.
- Click on PRINTERS AND FAXES. (Or go to CONTROL PANEL and choose PRINTERS AND FAXES.)
- You will see a checkbox on the icon that is currently acting as your default printer.
- If your preferred printer is NOT currently set as your default, select the preferred printer from the list and RIGHT CLICK.
- Choose SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER.
Sending Your Prints to the Printer
- When you are ready to print, select the PRINT option on the program you are using, such as Internet Explorer or Microsoft Word. Note: if you choose the QUICK PRINT option, the print will automatically be sent to your default printer.
- Select the desired printer, such as BLACK AND WHITE or COLOR.
- A pop-up will appear called PRINT JOB DETAILS. Enter your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER into the box provided and click PRINT.
Picking Up Your Prints
- If you haven't already done so, go to the PRINT PAY STATION to add value to your library card account.
- There are three PRINT PAY STATIONS in the library. One outside of the Technology Center, one in the Teen Room and one in the Kids Lab.
- Note: Prints cost $.10 a page for Black & White and $.25 a page for Color.
- Once you have added money to your library card account, you can release your print at any of the PRINT PICKUP RELEASE STATIONS in the library.
- There are four PRINT PICKUP RELEASE STATIONS in the library. One outside of the Technology Center, one inside of the Technology Center, one in the Teen Room and one in the Kids Lab.
- Money will be automatically deducted from your library card account for the prints you choose to release.
For visual instructions and screenshots of the above information, check out our slideshow! For more information or assistance, please see a Staff Member or contact us.