Home > Computer & Internet Access > Kids' Computer Lab
Kids' Computer Lab
Use of the Kids’ Computer Lab is for kids ages 11 and younger. Teens and adults are welcome when accompanied by a child. Children under age 3 must be accompanied by an adult. Parents are welcome to check out a laptop for use within the library at the Youth Services desk.
- To use a computer, log in with your library card number at an open station.
- All workstations will be logged off ten minutes before closing.
- There is a 1-hour limit when others are waiting.
- Patrons can use one of twelve available PC computers by logging into an available computer using his or her library card number.
Software & Hardware
- 12 PC (Microsoft Windows 7) PCs
- Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Office 2007 (includes Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Internet Explorer 8.0
- USB drive slots
- A variety of kid-friendly games
- All computers have Internet access capabilities.
- All computers are connected to a color printer.
- In order to print in color or black and white, patrons must add money to their library card. Please see a library staff member for assistance.
- Printing costs $.10 per page for black and white, $.25 per page for color.
Early Literacy Computers
- For kids ages 2-10.
- Kid-friendly mice and headphones.
- Loaded with interactive games to teach kids early literacy skills.
- Check out our Early Literacy Computers FAQ page for more information.