Home > Help > SearchOhio
If we do not own an item you want, we offer you the free service of borrowing it from another library when possible. This interlibrary loan service takes place through SearchOhio, a consortium of public libraries throughout the state.
- Search for desired item within the SearchOhio catalog by using the search box (above).
- When item is located, click on REQUEST THIS ITEM.
- Choose Westerville Public Library from drop-down list.
- Enter your NAME and your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER.
- Choose the institution at which you would like to pick up the requested item.
- Choose the pickup location associated with that institution. (Unless you are a Library Link patron, you will choose Westerville Public Library as your pickup location.)
- Click SUBMIT.
- The item will be pulled off of the owning library's shelf and delivered to the Westerville Public Library via US Cargo.
- Once you have placed a hold, you will see the item appear on your holds screen in My Account with a status of Requested.
- When the item has been shipped, its status will show as In Transit.
- Once the item is ready and available for you to pick up, its status will show as Received and you will receive a courtesy notice letting you know that it has arrived.
- Items are usually available within 3-5 business days.
- Items will remain on hold shelf at pickup institution for 10 days.
- Loan period is 21 days for printed items and 7 days for DVDs. All other material may vary as to checkout date depending on the lending institution. Make sure to check your receipt upon checkout.
- Overdue fine is 50 cents per day with a maximum overdue fine of $25.00.
- An additional replacement fee of $25.00 will be billed for any item not returned within 30 days of the due date.
Note: If you are unable to find the item you want through SearchOhio, feel free to try our other borrowing service, OhioLINK. Otherwise, please contact Adult Services; we may be able to borrow the item for you through another source.
SearchOhio makes public library items available to the communities served by the following libraries:
- Akron-Summit County Public Library
- Cuyahoga County Public Library
- Cuyahoga Falls Public Library
- Delaware County Public Library
- Greene County Public Library
- Kent Free Library
- Louisville Public Library
- Mansfield-Richland County Public Library
- Massillon Public Library
- Mentor Public Library
- MidPointe Middletown Public Library
- Portage County District Library
- Reed Memorial Library
- Rodman Public Library
- Stark County District Library
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- Wadsworth Public Library
- Warren-Trumbull County Public Library
- Westerville Public Library
- Westlake Porter Public Library
- Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County