Home > Services for Seniors & Homebound Individuals
for Seniors & Homebound Individuals
Are you a senior citizen living
within the Westerville City School District? Are you unable to get to the
library? Do you plan activities for your local
senior apartment complex, nursing home or assisted living facility?
Do you find it difficult to make
trips to the library? The Outreach Department offers free delivery of library materials to the
elderly, the disabled and those who are temporarily incapacitated.
To be eligible, you must be able to
answer yes to the following questions.
- Do you live within the Westerville
City School District?
- Are you unable to visit
the library due to physical or mental disabilities? Or are you a resident of a nursing
home, assisted living facility or senior apartment (regardless of health or
In addition, you must be able to answer yes to one of the following questions.
- Are you a senior citizen?
- Do you have physical or mental disabilities?
- Are you a full-time caregiver?
- Have you been temporarily
incapacitated by illness or injury?
Wondering how it works?
- You can request books, audiobooks, movies,
music and more. (All library materials are available for delivery except for
- You can request specific titles or
have a staff member select items according to your interests.
- We will arrange a specific day and
time to visit you once per month. (Residents of a nursing home, assisted living
facility or senior apartment can view our current delivery schedule.)
- When possible, we will call prior to delivery to
ask about what you might like us to bring.
Services & Programs for Senior Facilities
Do you plan activities for your local senior apartment complex,
nursing home or assisted living facility? Are you looking to host a fun
and engaging event for your residents? Are you interested in exposing
your group to new technologies or ideas?
We know how busy you are and we're here to help. The library offers
numerous programs and services to the senior facilities within the
Westerville City School District. Learn more.
- Audiobooks: The library has an extensive collection of audiobooks for those with hearing impairments. Browse new audiobooks.
- No Fines: Customers age
60 and older are not charged overdue fines for Westerville Library items. (Note: All customers are
responsible for paying fines related to SearchOhio and OhioLINK items, as well as the replacement cost of lost or damaged items.)
- Motorized Wheelchair: Having
a hard time getting around? Stop at the Circulation Desk in the main lobby for
a motorized wheelchair to use while you’re in the library.
- Drive-Up Window:
You can reserve items online and pick them up at the drive-up window on the
north side of the building without getting out of your car.
- Golden Buckeye Card: Stop at the
Circulation Desk in the main lobby with your driver's license or proof of age
and we will process your application for you. Or we can deliver an application
to your home. More about the Golden Buckeye Card.
- Large Print Books: The library has an extensive collection of books printed with large type for those with visual impairments. Browse new large print.
- Outreach Newsletter: Interested in the latest Outreach
news? The Outreach, a bi-monthly newsletter, is distributed
to all Outreach patrons and can be read online.
- For Caregivers
- For Seniors
Interested? For more details, contact
Outreach Services at
614.259.5034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.