Home > Services for Seniors & Homebound Individuals > Services & Programs for Seniors
Services & Programs for Seniors
Do you plan activities for your local senior apartment complex, nursing home or assisted living facility? Are you looking to host a fun and engaging event for your residents? Are you interested in exposing your group to new technologies or ideas?
We know how busy you are and we're here to help. The library offers numerous programs and services to the senior facilities within the Westerville City School District.
What We Offer
Below is a list of programs we currently offer.
- Computer Classes: These small and intimate classes provide a hands-on environment for participants to learn about computers, the Internet, email and Microsoft Word. (The library provides laptops and an Internet connection for all participants. Space is limited per session.)
- eReader Petting Zoo: Know someone who's curious about ebooks but who doesn't want to take the leap just yet? Why not offer a test drive? The library will provide a variety of different eReaders such as Kindles, NOOKs and iPads that participants can play with to help them find the right one. A library staff member will be on hand to answer questions and give demonstrations.
- eReader Training: Participants can schedule one-on-one training with a library staff member to learn how to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks from the library.
- Games: Looking for a fun & informal program for your social butterflies? The library will happily plan games or activities for facility residents, from Pictionary to Jeopardy, spelling bees to trivia. You can count on us to bring games, equipment and a fun attitude.
- One-on-One Reading Time: Know anyone who would be interested in having someone read out loud to them from their favorite book, magazine or newspaper? The library can work with you to find the right volunteer for the job.
- Remember When Storytimes: An interactive group program based on an ever-changing theme, storytimes will include not only a story read aloud by a librarian, but also music, pictures and props. These events allow participants to interact and share memories based on common experiences and topics.
Have an idea for a program that we don't currently offer? We're happy to consider suggestions!
Schedule a Visit
Interested in scheduling a visit? Fill out this form.
Questions? Contact Marie Corbitt, Outreach/Program Librarian at 614.882.7277 ext. 2110 or email@example.com.